There can be many reasons why you are experiencing acne breakouts including poor diet, digestion or general health issues, hormonal imbalances, stress, and overuse of harsh products that disrupt the natural balance of your skin are all contributing factors. For most of us, there are some basic guidelines we can follow to help support a healthy, glowing, clear complexion.
What is Acne
At our skin’s surface, acne is caused by excess sebum that prevents dead skin cells from shedding. Instead of shedding these dead skin cells bind together clogging pores, encouraging bacterial growth and resulting in the formation of pimples.
Traditional Acne Treatments
Many traditional treatments use harsh, drying chemical products to reduce oil in hopes of clearing skin, but this approach often stimulates more sebum production and can cause further breakouts. Your body is always seeking to be in balance; when we dry out our skin our body responds with more sebum production as it wants you to have beautifully moisturized skin!
Ayurveda is an ancient herbal medical system from India, in this tradition acne is seen as a build-up of toxicity in the body mostly related to poor digestion and an unhealthy lifestyle.
Some Ayurvedic practitioners state the following reasons for acne:
• Poor diet – eating too much fried and junk food, unbalancing the Doshas
• Not enough sleep
• Using synthetic and chemical based skin care products
• Stress and anxiety
• Hormonal imbalance
• Eating meat
An Ayurvedic practitioner can support you with herbs and lifestyle changes to bring your doshas back into balance and promote overall health and well-being.
At Neeta Naturals, we have incorporated Ayurvedic principles and traditional ingredients to develop a line of products that are natural, gentle and effective; supporting you to have a beautiful, clear, youthful complexion.
Ayurvedic acne prevention ingredients in Neeta Naturals products
Neem: Neem is included in Neeta Natural skin care products as it has many benefits including potent anti-bacterial properties that help to reduce current acne and prevent future outbreaks.
Rhassoul Clay: Rich in magnesium, silica, potassium, and calcium, Rhassoul clay will draw out impurities and balance oil production without the drying effects experienced with synthetic ingredients. Clay helps to leave your skin feeling soft and nourished.
Tumeric Powder: Rich in antioxidants, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties turmeric helps to calm and clear acne-prone skin. Also acts as a gentle exfoliant to brighten the complexion.
Sandalwood Powder: Softens, soothes, nourishes and brightens skin.
Neeta Naturals Acne Clearing Protocol:
- Facewash: It is important to keep your face clean but to only use very gentle cleansing agents. I recommend washing with rice water twice a day.
How to make RICE WATER
Rice water is easy to make! Simply soak ½ cup of uncooked rice in 2-3 cups filtered water. Leave overnight. In the morning strain and use the water for your facial wash. Place extra rice water in a glass jar and store in the fridge. Only make enough to last a few days as it will spoil.
- Face Mask: Use Neeta Naturals Neem Glow Face Mask as a full-face mask treatment twice a week. Neem Glow can also be used as a daily spot treatment for blemishes. Mix a small amount with water and apply directly to blemishes. Let dry then rinse with warm water or rice water.
- Face Toner: We recommend Tulsi (Holy Basil) toner for acne prone skin. Tulsi has natural antibacterial, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties it is perfect to calm, soothe, support and balance your skin.
- Moisturizer: Although it may seem counter-intuitive to use oil on acne prone skin, the correct combination of oils actually help to balance the skin sebum production and leave your skin soft, supple, moisturized and protected. Neeta Naturals Neem Kiss mixed with Luxuriously Light Facial Oil will provide a nourishing result-oriented treatment for you.
We have seen wonderful results from people using this protocol to clear their acne. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you!
“I spoke to Neeta over the phone. What a humble and genuine person. I had a question about my teenage daughter using her facial mask. Neeta walked me through how to best use the mask and also gave me other natural beauty tricks that I love. Its been two weeks of my 14 yr old using Neeta Naturals Neem Glow face mask for her acne spot treatment – it did magic on her skin! She is very excited to go back to school with clear skin” Susan R